Perfect for mountain sports and activities like skiing, snowboarding, freeride, freestyle, and ski touring in winter season, and mountain biking, hiking, and trail running in summer season. And don't forget your swimsuit to enjoy our outdoor pool-jacuzzi with hot water, also in winter!
Open all year.
We offer a very cozy atmosphere, and furthermore we are an ECO-FRIENDLY hostel: we use solar energy and facilities that contribute to save energy. And we are also a BIKE-FRIENDLY hostel, with all services for bikers en cyclists: security box, personal padlock, workshop area with tools, and wash area.
Imagine sleeping in Andorra, at the front door of an impressive ski resort such as Grandvalira, with over 200km of slopes at your disposal in one most amazing surrounding of the Pyrenean Mountains... Imagine a rustic home, with the typical Andorran architecture built over 200 years ago, recently restored and with solar power... Imagine staying in modern facilities, recently inaugurated, warm, where rustic and comfort blend in with your favourite hobby... Imagine enjoying Andorra in a friendly atmosphere, where you share with fellow travelers your passion for mountain sports. Well stop imagining and make it happen! Welcome to Mountain Hostel Tarter!
A new concept of accommodation situated in El Tarter, 200 meters away from Grandvalira, El Tarter ski resort’s main access, where you’ll also find the best snowpark of the Pyrenees and over 200km of ski slopes!
Mountain Hostel Tarter is a unique establishment in Andorra, made for travelers by travelers and designed to offer what we usually look out for when we’re travelling: a comfy and practical place to stay, in a warm and friendly atmosphere. All of this with the best quality/price you’ll find, and in a renewed rustic and sustainable home.
So forget about the accommodation and sleeping..! We’re here for that! It’s up to you to make the most out of your days in Andorra, practicing your favourite sport or hobby by the way, which one is it? Ski, snowboard, telemark, randone skiing, freestyle, freeride, mountain biking, downhill biking, trekking, Via Ferradas, etc. Enjoy it!
- Large outdoor terrace with solarium, pool-jacuzzi, Finnish Sauna and outdoor barbecue with panoramic mountain views. Pool-jacuzzi and Finnish Sauna included in the price accomodation. Both open every day from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., subject to weather conditions.
- Modern bathroom with toilets, showers and washbasin. They are shared and mixed, but with individual cabins, of course! We also offer hot water 24hrs. Towels for rent for 2 EUR.
- Dining room with a full equipped and communal kitchen with all the cooking utensils and appliances (fridge, microwaves, oven, ceramic hob, toaster…etc.). You only have to bring your own food and everyone can cook their own meals or quick snack. In the kitchen, there’s free coffee and tea during your stay. We don't offer service meals.
- A small grocery store where you can buy the ingredients for your favourite dishes, and other primary items. If you don't want cook, we offer quality prepared meals.
- A very cozy living room with fireplace, sofas, puffs, television, reading, table games and free Wi-Fi, where you can relax, or surf the net beside the fireplace.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, also in the rooms.
- For skiers and snowboarders there’s a boot dryer and ski locker service.
- Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, telemark, freestyle, free ride, ski touring, snowshoeing, heliski, paragliding
- Summer activities: mountain downhill bike, cross-country mountain bike, road bike, hiking (peaks and lakes), trail running, via ferrata, and all mountain sports you can imagine!
- All services for cyclists: locked bike room, high pressure water hose to clean your bike, a stand with tools to fix or check your bike for the next day, air pump for tires.
- Trips, tours and mountain guided activities can also be booked at our reception, so don't be afraid to ask.
-Foodtrack ''Sa Terrasseta'' right next to the hostel, where you can have a meat or vegetarian burger. Perfect for a drink from 13.00h to 20.00h.
- We will help you organize your days in Andorra, and we’ll give you good recommendations on any subject, so you can enjoy your stay with us.
- Late check-out: The check-out is until 11 a.m. After leaving the room before 11 a.m., you can use all our services and common
areas on the ground floor (kitchen, bathrooms and showers, wi-fi, dining room, etc.) for a small additional fee of € 10 per person, until 8 p.m.
We have four dorm types available: 4 beds, 5 beds, 6 beds and 3 twin private room. The oocupation of the hostel is 33 people.
- Room for 4 people, with two bunk beds
- Room for 5 people, with two bunk beds and an individual bed.
- Room for 6 people, with three bunk beds.
- Twin Private Room: with two individual beds together / 1 large bed
In all rooms, each bed has its own reading light and socket. All rooms have heating and free Wi-Fi. From all our windows you can see the mountain and the sky.
Bed sheets, linen and duvet are provided and all rooms have security lockers. You will need a padlock. If you don't have padlock we can sell you one for 3 EUR.